At UC Davis we encourage various types of industry collaboration and engagement with and recognize that there are many different directions a partnership can take.
Our corporate engagement team was established to help direct, facilitate, track and document corporate engagement for the purpose of building and strengthening our external industry partnerships.
Below are some resources and FAQs to get you started.
What services or support can the corporate engagement team provide?
In addition to updating you on the current status of the corporate relationship, we can assist in:
- Developing a strategy for contacting a corporate prospect and presenting your research, or request in a way that aligns with industry interests.
- Providing background on past interactions between a company and UC Davis and UC Davis Health
- Understanding company interests and developing a strategy for support (whether gift or contract)
- Supporting request for proposals to a company
- Joining calls with industry representatives to discuss a partnership
- Managing multiple touch points across UC Davis and developing a holistic strategy
- Hosting a corporate visit to campus
- Navigating an agreement process
Am I required to contact FCE before contacting or engaging with a company?
All collaborations are encouraged and there are many offices on campus who work collaboratively to guide holistic external corporate engagement.
University policy and guidelines frame our interactions with industry and obligations to the university in these interactions. For that reason, we encourage faculty and staff to contact us before reaching out or responding to a request for corporate engagement or collaboration.
UC Davis’ Office of Foundation and Corporate Engagement (FCE) works with corporate and foundation partners, as well as university faculty and staff, to foster meaningful engagement with these external entities and to advance the university’s education, research, and service mission.